Friday, July 11, 2008

La fée


Copyright by Dominique Amendola


Painting A Day: Original oil on canvas
Size: 18"x24"- unframed
Price: $299.00
Status: Available

A fairy for our daily painting today. this is a larger size painting. It is executed quickly and spontaneously, all prima. I do not use an impressionist palette for my portraits anymore.I use Daniel Green's palette reconstituted from his observations at the museum. For years I took black out of my palette. Black can muddy colors if you don't know how to use it. But renoir claimed that an excellent artist knows how to use blacks. I pondered this for years and last year I decided to use black again. I became very bold with it. Now i feel totally comfortable using black or not, depending on the subject. By example, I do not use black for my plein air paintings.

No comments: