Friday, April 17, 2009

Walking in the mustard in bloom


Copyright by Dominique Amendola

Painting A Day: Original oil on hard Masonite canvas board
Size: 18"x24"
Price: $1000.00 ( framed)
Status: Available

TO BUY THIS PAINTING SECURELY ( copy and paste) http://yessy.com/dnamendola/landscapes.html?i=13819

This beautiful landscape is a common occurrence in the state of California. Here the mustard is in full bloom. That day when you looked at the yellow flowers, the colors were so intense, that it seem like some sort of unreal almost other worldly landscape. With so much yellow in my vision all other things such as trees, shadows and everything on the horizon seemed purple. I tried to render this feeling in the landscape and it almost became something else. I just trust my intuition in such cases. I was successful i think in rendering this sort of vision.
Dominique Amendola-California, US

1 comment:

Mohini Devi said...

I love the use of colors here...and the feeling of open nature.This painting will add warmth to any room