Monday, May 26, 2008

Roses in Garden valley Ranch


Copyright by Dominique Amendola


Painting A Day: Original oil on linen canvas glued to oak plywood.
Size: 11"x14"- framed 15"x 18"
Price: $299.00
Status: Available

There is this beautiful garden in Petaluma, called Valley Ranch and their specialty seems to grow a variety of roses. There is many beautiful vistas and secrets corners in that garden, and I could spend a year there painting a daily painting. In this particular plein air piece I sat in full sun for many hours. I used an umbrella and this way, I can last a long time in the sun. Every time I paint outside especially in a beautiful garden, I think of my compatriot Monet who spent his days outside in the French countryside. actually the light in the south of France where he painted is very similar to our beautiful California light.

No comments: