Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Couple leaning on a bicycle- Lovers series


Copyright by Dominique Amendola


Painting A Day: Original oil on prepared oak plywood board
Size: 9"x12'- framed
Price: $299.00
Status: Available

In this sort of painting, I have to flow very rapidly. I cannot keep my prices low if I take too long to produce a daily painting. Therefore, every time I am ready to paint, I really check with what subject would inspire me the most that day. And then I stick with it for the rest of the day without involving my critical mind until I am finished. You could say that it is one of the best formulas for creating an Alla Prima painting, a spontaneous painting. In the case of multiple figures it is more difficult to execute the painting rapidly no matter what the size is. Painting people is not like painting a landscape. The composition becomes more important especially in relationship with the figures positions. I studied figure painting and drawing from life for many years and now I am able to create whatever I want on canvas.

No comments: